Today is a perfect day to make cards! Today has been dubbed “Quiet Day” so it’s the perfect opportunity to head in to your craft room (or dining room table!) and make some cards! We all know that if we focus on being quiet, this can reduce our stress. Hey, I know that sometimes when we are trying to create THE perfect card we can elevate our stress instead of reducing it.
I wanted to share a simple project today, one that could be modified to use whatever supplies you happen to own. Today it’s all about the “creating” and enjoyment. Spending time alone doing what you love to do!
I’ve shared the supplies below and, as always, you can find any of these supplies or anything else you might need at my online store.
- Stamps: Blessings of Home (157930)
- Card Stock: Basic White (159276); Misty Moonlight (153081); Crumb Cake (120953)
- Stamp Pads: Misty Moonlight (153118); VersaMark (102283)
- Misc: Ornate Frames Dies (150664); 3/8” Denim Ribbon (149590); Opal Rounds (154289); Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powder (155554); Heat Tool (129053); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653); Stampin’ Seal (152813)
- Misty Moonlight: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (x2) – one for inside and scrap for die cutting label shape
- Crumb Cake: 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Denim Ribbon: 2-1/2”
- Ink large floral image with VersaMark ink and stamp it onto the lower right corner of the crumb cake cardstock.
- Sprinkle with white embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set.
- Add this to one of the white layers and then onto the card front.
- Stamp greeting using misty moonlight ink onto scrap of white and die cut using the appropriate sized label shape from the ornate frames dies.
- Fold ribbon in half and add it to the back of the lower right corner of the greeting using a mini glue dot.
- Add greeting to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a couple opal rounds.
- Add second white layer to the inside of the card.
Don’t you agree that today IS a perfect day to make cards?!