Happy Friday Stampers! Hope everyone had a great week and are looking forward to some fun weekend days! I know I sure am. I am lucky to be able to wear jeans to work, and I am a little or no makeup kind of a girl. But, I sure do love one of the new Stampin' Up! Colors, Lovely Lipstick. I wonder if I could use a q-tip and reinker and USE it for lipstick…NOT! Anyhoo, today's color combo is Lovely Lipstick and Basic Black. For some reason, I've always thought pinks and blues look fabulous on cards with just a pop of black!
I think this weekend I'll make up a few sets of this card in different colors. Put 6 with matching envelopes into a clear acetate box, tie up with some ribbon, and you've got a great gift! Instructions below in case you'd like to make some, too!
- Stamp Sets – Varied Vases Stamp Set (146644)
- Card Stock (CS) – Whisper White Cardstock (140272); Basic Black Card Stock (121045); Lovely Lipstick Card stock (146970)
- Stamp Pads – Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708)
- Misc. – 2018-2020 In Colors Designer Series Paper (DSP) (146963); Vases Builder Punch (147040); Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (145372); Lovely Lipstick 1/8” Grosgrain Ribbon (146952); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Tear & Tape (138995); Paper Snips (103579)
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored at 2 1/8” and 6 3/8”
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock: 2 1/8” x 1 1/2” (2 pieces)
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock: scrap for sentiment
- Basic Black Card Stock: scrap for die cut oval
- Lovely Lipstick Card stock: scrap for flowers
- DSP: 1 7/8” x 5 1/4”
- DSP: scrap for two vases
- Fold the card base along the score lines and burnish with a Bone Folder.
- Glue the two DSP pieces onto the two front card base panels.
- Adhere a piece of ribbon to each of the two 2 1/8” x 1 1/2” pieces of Whisper White CS, and wrap it around to the back, using Tear & Tape. (I like to fold the tape in half, or twirl it into a string, for something skinny like this ribbon.)
- Tie a small piece of ribbon in a bow around the ribbon on one of the Whisper White CS pieces.
- Glue the two pieces of Whisper White CS over the two DSP layers.
- Cut an oval from the scrap of Basic Black CS using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- Cut two vases from the scrap of DSP using the Vase Builder Punch.
- Stamp the sentiment in black ink onto the scrap of Whisper White CS, then cut it using Paper Snips.
- Stamp 3 small flowers in black ink onto the scrap of Lovely Lipstick CS, then cut them out using Paper Snips.
- Glue the vases, flowers, and sentiment onto the Basic Black CS oval.
- Glue the left half of the oval onto the left front panel of the card base.