At one of my stamp clubs, the “hot” topic was stamping on fabric. Several of the moms wanted to stamp t-shirts with their daughters and friends; I thought I’d share the info I gave them.
Does pigment ink work on fabric?
A: Yes, you can use it for stamping on fabrics.
However, colors are less vibrant on fabric than on paper. Also, even
after heat-setting, fabric inks fade slightly. This is true not only of Stampin’ Up!’s Craft pads but other fabric pads available in the retail market as
well. For a more vibrant image, try stamping the same image twice (one
on top of the other) using the Stamp-a-ma-jig®. Here are some important
tips to remember when stamping on fabric:
- Prewash the fabric.
- Tightly woven and smooth-finished fabrics work best.
- Test a small area of fabric first.
- Heat-set immediately after stamping.
- Wash as normal or hand wash, but air or line dry.
- For best results, re-ink pad frequently.