Hey Stampers! I'm here today to share a tip that stems from a customer question I get asked all of the time. How do I use Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper? I have so many peeps who buy the paper packs and then just hoard it. They tell me, “I can't bear to cut it up”! While I totally get that sentiment, I want them to not just buy, but to USE it! So, my tip today is to use the Designer Series Paper (DSP) as a layer on your project.
I personally think that black and white can be used with just about any other colors and really sets apart your stamped focal point.
This sheet is actually from a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift, the Botanical Butterfly DSP. Just look at the pretty patterns on this paper. My project today could use the black polka dot or striped black and white patterns as well.
Here are a few more samples using the same free paper pack. It is so versatile…and free with a $50 order (before tax and shipping)! If you'd like to purchase products so you can get this paper free, please click HERE to go to my online store.
I've included the instructions and product list for today's project below.
- Stamp Sets – Vibrant Vases (148656);
- Card Stock – Whisper White Thick (140272)
- Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708); Pool Party (147107); Granny Apple Green (147095); Gorgeous Grape (147099)
- Misc. –SAB Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (149622); Silver Metallic Thread (138402); Glitter Enamel Dots (146934); Big Shot (143263); Stitched Labels Framelits (146828); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Vases Builder Punch (147040); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Mini Dimensionals (144108)
- Whisper White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” (score 4-1/4”); & 3” x 4” – (x2)
- SAB Botanical Butterfly DSP: 5-1/4” x 4”
- Metal Thread Ribbon: 20”
- Score Whisper White card base at 4-1/4”, fold in half to create card base.
- Adhere the DSP to the card base.
- With the 2nd largest Stitched Circle and the tag from Stitched Labels and the 3”x4” piece of Whisper White, run through Big Shot and die cut both pieces.
- With Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the greeting image on the white tag.
- With the 3”x4’ piece of Whisper White, ink the vase with Pool Party, the leaves with Granny Apple Green. Ink the outline image of the tulips with Memento Black and then the inside tulip image with Gorgeous Grape. Punch all shapes with the Vase Builder punch.
- Adhere the Silver Metallic Thread to the circle with adhesive.
- Assemble the vase and flowers and tulips with mini glue dots and Mini Dimensionals; then adhere to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the greeting tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add a few of the Gorgeous Grape Glitter Enamel Dots.
If I can help at all, please let me know!
Hey Stampers! Just a quick announcement today. You've already missed the first four weeks of my 12 Weeks of Christmas projects, but there's still time for you to get week 5
AND the remaining 7 weeks of projects after that.
This is a free gift I share with my email subscribers to help alleviate some of the stress of holiday cardmaking and gift-giving.
I'd love for you to get my gift. How? It's so easy! Simply put your name and email in the signup box above. Then, on Wednesday at 1:00 PM you'll get the week 5 project delivered right to your inbox. AND, you'll also get some other great free stuff, too! ENJOY!
Hey Stampers! Before I head out to a Stampin' Up! party with one of my new team members and her peeps, I wanted to wish you all a Happy Saint Patrick's Day! You know, this is the “day of green” so I thought we should think about Stampin' Up! “greenery” and have a little fun!
Over the years, we have had quite a few different shades of green in our color collections. What's your favorite Stampin' Up!”Green” – current or past? Mine are Lucky Limeade and Wild Wasabi. Post your answer in the comments section and let's see how many different greens we can name!
Also, did you see the Limerick contest I posted the other day? If not, you can read about it here, and I hope you'll play along. Winner of the contest (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY), will get fifteen handstamped cards with envelopes!
- You can add just the right amount of color where you need it using either the brush tip or fine-point.
- Each color (except Ivory and Bronze) has a light and dark shade marker, available individually or in a combo pack.
- Stampin' Up! has done lots of in-house testing for evaporation and life of the markers and is very happy with the test results.
- The lid seals in a special way to prevent air from entering the barrel and causing evaporation.
The entire month of June is We Heart Hosts Month! Did you know with a minimum $150 you can get the Tranquil Tulips stamp set for free?
Whether you are in the mood for creating a whimsical card with just a few tulips or a garden full of flowers, this stamp set does the job!
Another option is the Feathery Friends Host Stamp Set shown below. This card features two of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous new In Colors, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst.
Instructions and supplies follow. If you need any of the supplies to make this card, just click on any picture at the end of the instructions list.
- Stamp Set: Feathery Friends host set (144302-wood mount, $16 using rewards or 144037-clear mount, $12 using rewards)
- Card stock: Lemon Lime Twist (144245), Berry Burst (144243), and Watercolor Paper (122959)
- Stampin’ Pad: Archival Basic Gray (140932)
- Miscellaneous: 2017-2019 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (144033), Subtles Collection Stampin’ Write Markers (131263), Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372), Oh My Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143710), Lemon Lime Twist ½” Finely Woven Ribbon (144135), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430, Paper Snips (103579), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263), and Magnetic Platform (130658).
- Lemon Lime Twist: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2 then folded to create card base
- Berry Burst: 3-1/4 x 3-1/4”
- Watercolor Paper: 3” x 3”
- Ribbon: about 18”
- Using Oh My Stars, emboss card front.
- Stamp bird and sentiment in Basis Gray ink closely to one another and color in with the following markers: Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide, Pool Party (bird’s eye), and So Saffron (center of flower).
- Using the 2-3/8” circle from Stitched Shapes Framelits cut out bird and sentiment piece.
- Using the 2-7/8” circle, cut from Berry Burst.
- Adhere the two circles to one another.
- Tie ribbon around card and have bow to far left.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere circle piece over ribbon.
While you can choose any merchandise in the catalog with your Stamping Rewards, I like to recommend the actual host only items found on pages 220-223 of the catalog. These sets are discounted and ONLY hosts can get them!
It's so easy to place your order. Click here and you'll go right to my shopping page.
Remember, the We Heart Hosts Month only lasts through June 30. Don't miss out!
Hey stampers! I've got some great tips today to help you take better vacation photos! Summer is just around the corner and we'll all be off on some fun trips. You might also be sneaking away for a long weekend over spring break.
Follow some of these ideas and you'll end up with some awesome shots that will work perfectly in your scrapbooks or Project Life memory system.
- Start with a clean lens, whether using your camera phone or your $3,000 Canon.
- If your travels take you to an aquarium, don't use the flash when you're photographing…you'll get a big flash and no fish!
- Don't ruin a beautiful photo by putting the light BEHIND your subject. Switch the scene OR use the HDR mode on your camera which will balance the light and dark areas.
- Take multiple shots instead of just one. Someone's eyes will always be shut or you'll get a random tourist running through. You'll get tired of answering “who's that” when sharing your photos after the trip.
- When you've lined up the perfect shot, take a big breath and exhale…THEN snap it. Believe it nor not, that's when your hands will be most steady.
- Don't shoot everything dead center….that's boring. Shoot with people or objects to the side.
- Landscapes by themselves CAN be pretty…
but don't take too many of these; they will be much more interesting with people or something about 10 feet away to visually anchor the shot.
8. If you're ready to graduate from your phone to a nice camera, you'll see some great benefits. Bigger lenses will allow you to shoot good photos in bad lighting and you can also play around with depth, blurring the backgrounds.
I mentioned Project Life above. If you haven't heard of this simple, cost-effective system for organizing your photos and memories, I invite you to check out Stampin' Up!'s exclusive line of PL supplies here.
I hope these tips will help you take better vacation photos…have fun on your trips!
If you're like I am, the holidays sort of “took over” and I need to get back on track! I'm thinking ahead to 2017 and I have a few fun ideas for you that just might spark your crafting creativity!
Do you have photos from a 2016 vacation that are still in a box, on your camera, saved in the cloud, ______ you fill in the blank. Use a road map (or country map if you traveled abroad) as a background for your memory pages. If you are a Project Life gal, this will still work. Use pertinent pieces of the map for matting or making embellishments. You can actually tear the map and then glue on luggage tags, hotel keys and postcards, tickets stubs, etc. to complete your pages. You can even make handstamped cards using this same idea to tell others about your trip and “show off your eclectic style”!
Speaking of maps, here's another fun idea. Have a wedding coming up? Why not get a map of the honeymooners' destination and use it to wrap up their gift? I bet you could even find some little embellishments to finish off the gift perfectly and give it a little extra “punch” and pizzazz!
Punch…that leads me to my last tip. Do you have some dull punches or some that no longer work? Grab a piece of aluminum foil, those dull punches and run the foil through them a few times and they will be sharp again! If your punches need a bit more TLC, watch these two short videos by my Stamp Slave, Dave. He'll show you how to fix them in no time! Subscribe to my channel while you're there so you don't miss any new videos!
Oh, before I forget, the last day to shop from the retiring Holiday Catalog and Year-end Closeout Deals is January 3, 2017. If you still have a few things on your list, you can shop right now at my online store before you forget!
Thanks for popping in today and let me know if we can help you in any way…together we'll make 2017 FANTABULOUS!!!!:-)
Hi Stampers! Today I'm going to share some Thoughtful Branches projects made by Stampin' Up!'s very own CEO Sara Douglass!
I LOVE working with a company whose CEO is SO talented AND accessible! Did you know that Sara has her own Facebook page? She even made a Facebook Live video showing a stunning project made with this bundle. Check it out on my Facebook page!
Hope you enjoyed today's post. If you missed yesterday's post, I show a great fall project using this stamp set and thinlits dies.
Why not order your bundle right now before you forget so you can make your own Thoughtful Branches projects.
Thanks for stopping by today, and….
Hey stampers; only 3 more days to get the Thoughtful Branches Bundle; have you gotten yours yet? This versatile stamp set and coordinating thinlits dies can be used all year long to create some of the most stunning projects like this one:
Fall is just about here and by changing up the sentiment, this card would work for any autumn card you want to send!
To order the supplies to make your own card, just click a pic. (instructions, including measurements, for this card follow below.
- Stamp Set: Thoughtful Branches #143539
- Inks: Momento Pad #132708, Garden Green #126973, Cherry Cobbler #126966, Crushed Curry #131173
- Paper: Crumb Cake #120953, Crushed Curry #131199, Cherry Cobbler #119685, Very Vanilla #101650, Vellum Cardstock #101856
- Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies #143538, Heat Tool #129053, Clear Embossing Powder #109130, 5/8” Burlap Ribbon #141487, Linen Thread #104199
- Fine-Tip Glue Pen #138309, Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430, SNAIL Adhesive #104332
- Crumb Cake: 4 ¼ x 8 ½ (score at 2 ¾)
- Crushed Curry: 3 ¾ x 4 ¼
- Cherry Cobbler: 3 5/8 x 4 1/8
- Very Vanilla: 3 ½ x 4, scrap for leaves
- Vellum Cardstock: 3 ½ x 4
- Stamp leaf image randomly on Very Vanilla piece using Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler (Stamped Off) and Crushed Curry.
- Stamp leaves in Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler (Stamped Off) on Very Vanilla scrap. Cut out with Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies.
- Stamp sentiment in Momento Ink on Vellum Cardstock. Immediately cover with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set using the Heat Gun.
- Assemble. Use Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere Vellum to Very Vanilla piece. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on leaves and Crushed Curry piece.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my Thoughtful Branches project.
The Hello Lovely Project Life Card Collection has so many beautiful choices, whether you want to create a memory album or whip up a bunch of cards in no time!
All of these gorgeous cards were made with different sized cards from the collection and mounted on coordinating cardstock. You'll notice each one also has some linen thread tied around to create a finished look. The stamped sentiments are all from the Watercolor Words Stamp set.
If you've never heard of Project Life by Stampin' Up!, you'll want to check it out. I promise, if you've said any of these phrases to yourself at least once:
- I would love to make handmade cards, but I'm not creative
- I don't have time to craft
- I am on a budget and can't spend tons of money on supplies
- I don't have room to store craft “stuff”
I have the perfect solution: #PLxSU…..Stampin' Up! even has holiday themed card collections and accessory packs. Why not order now and get a jump on your holiday cards and/or photo organization – you'll be glad you did! Complete instructions are below and just click on any photo to go right to my online store.
- Stamp Sets – Watercolor Words #138702
- Card Stock – Crumb Cake #120953, Soft Sky #131203
- Stamp Pads – VeraMark #102283
- Misc. – Hello Lovely Project Life Card Collection #141668, Linen Thread #104199, Copper Embossing Powder #141636, Embossing Buddy #103083, Heat Gun #129053, Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755, Dimensionals #104430.
- Crumb Cake Card Stock (Card Base)– trim to about 1/16″ larger than Soft Sky layer (or to a larger border if you choose)
- Soft Sky Card Stock (layer under for card front)– trim to about 1/16″ larger than Project Life card
- Trim Hello Lovely Project Life large card – Wreath (Card Front) to 4″ x 5 1/2″
- Dust the Wreath Hello Lovely Project Life Card (PL)with the Embossing Buddy (this will assure the Embossing Powder goes on cleanly).
- Stamp the ‘Just for you’ sentiment in VersaMark into the center of the Wreath Hello Lovely Project Life card. (Pre –trim this card as per measurements above.)
- Cover the Wreath Hello Lovely PL card with Copper Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool.
- Adhere the Wreath Hello Lovely PL card to the Soft Sky card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Center before glue sets.
- Wrap Linen Thread around adhered card fronts twice and finish with a small bow. Trim ends to make neat.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the adhered card fronts and place on Crumb cake card base.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed these #HelloLovely Project Life by Stampin' Up! samples!
I have to say, Moroccan Nights was not my favorite new stamp set…but, I love the way this Moroccan Lantern Card looks! The “splatter technique” really makes the lanterns pop, don't you think?
If you need a refresher on this technique, please email me and I'll be glad to help! Supplies and instructions shown below. Just click right on the product to order….easy, peasy!
Stamp Sets – Moroccan Nights (w-141715, c-141718); One Big Meaning (w-138788, c-139420)
Card Stock – Emerald Envy (141415); Dapper Denim (141414); Very Vanilla (101650)
Stamp Pads – Basic Black Archival (140931), Crushed Curry (131173), Cajun Craze (126965), Dapper Denim (141394), Emerald Envy (141396)
Misc. – Moroccan Designer Series Paper (DSP) (141645); Sponge Daubers (133773); Aqua Painters (103954)
- Emerald Envy: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”
- Dapper Denim: 4” x 3 3/8”
- Very Vanilla: 4” x 3”
- DSP: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Stamp Lanterns and Thank You in Black archival ink on Very Vanilla card stock and allow to dry.
- Sponge Crushed Curry ink starting inside lanterns (darkest) out across the card stock (lighter as it moves away from the lanterns) using sponge daubers.
- Start at the top edge sponging Cajun Craze (darkest) moving to blend with the Curry color (lighter)
- Start at the bottom edge of the card stock sponging Dapper Denim ink and getting lighter as you move up the card. Leave room for the Emerald Envy and blend from the Denim side (darkest) into the Curry above (lighter).
- Splatter water from your aqua painter onto the ombre background. Allow to sit for 15-25 seconds and blot excess water off. Let it dry.
- Stamp star around lanterns with Crushed Curry ink.
- Layer and assemble the Moroccan Lantern card as shown.
Woo hoo! My demonstrator pre-order is on its way with my 2016 – 2017 In Color Collection! I can't wait for it to get here….. I look forward to this so much every year! Here are the new colors: Flirty Flamingo (a pinky light coral); Peekaboo Peach (a warm yellow peach); Emerald Envy (a jewel-tone teal green); Dapper Denim (an indigo-tinted medium blue); and Sweet Sugarplum (a soft lavender with lots of orchid in it). I know you are going to want these, too!
Only demonstrators can order them now. They will be available to order beginning June 3rd for everyone else. But… if you sign up to be a demonstrator on my Girls, INK team right now, you can get the new In Colors plus a bunch of other fabulous products from the demonstrator-preorder, and you'll be getting the demo discount on everything you purchase from here on out. It just makes sound financial sense y'all… click here for details on the “ultimate Stampin' Up bundle,” the Starter Kit!
Stay tuned for more pictures and samples as soon as my pre-order arrives and I get started playing with all my new stuff!
I'm so happy the beautiful Birthday Blossoms stamp set is carrying over into the 2016-2017 annual catalog. I love every image in this set!
Supply list and step by step instructions are shown below. Even though this great set will be in the new annual catalog, don't forget that many of your favorite stamp sets and accessories won't be around after May 31…order retiring items you can't live without now!
- Stamp Sets: Birthday Blossoms (139167 wood) (139471 clear), Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood) (130517 clear)
- Inks: Crumb Cake (126975), Blushing Bride (131172), Always Artichoke (126972), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Mint Macaron (138337), Elegant Eggplant (105126), Blushing Bride (131198)
- Other: 2” Circle Punch (133782), Pansy Punch (130698), Wink of Stella brush – clear (141897), White Embossing Powder (109132), Heat tool (129053), Gold Glitz (133755), In Color 2015-2017 Markers (138333), Subtles Markers (131263), Gold Ribbon (134583), Dimensionals (104430)
Mint Macaron card base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
Elegant Eggplant cardstock: 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”
Blushing Bride cardstock: 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”
Whisper White cardstock: 2 ½” x 2 ½”
- Stamp (2) flowers in Blushing Bride ink on the matching cardstock. Color the “shadows” in Pink Pirouette marker. Color in with Wink of Stella. Punch flowers with Pansy Punch. Add Gold Glitz to the center of flowers and set aside to dry.
- Push the 2” circle punch on the Elegant Eggplant, lining up the sides of the cardstock in the punch; punch.
- Stamp “Have a beautiful birthday” in Versamark on the bottom and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Heat set. Add Wink of Stella to the “have a beautiful”.
- Tie the Gold ribbon under the circle in a square knot and cut close.
- Stamp the leaves in Always Artichoke ink on the White cardstock. Color in the “shadows” in Pear Pizzazz marker and the color the entire leaves in Mint Macaron. With Crumb Cake ink stamp a few speckles over the white space. Color leaves with Wink of Stella. Adhere this behind the circle.
- With Crumb Cake ink stamp a few speckles in the upper left and lower right corner of the card base.
- Place Dimensionals behind the focal image and adhere to the center of card.
- Add the flowers with Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed this beautiful Birthday Blossom sample today!
Did you know you can still purchase Stampin' Up! Retiring Bundles at the discounted price? Yep…but only until May 31! Some of the products included in our bundles will be carried over to the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog BUT not in the current form of discounted bundles.
SO…why not order now, get the coordinating products you love…AND save yourself 15%! My customers like to have all the info in one place for easy ordering so below I'm including links to the retiring bundles and also a couple of my favorite “bundle videos”…enjoy!
I hope all this information on the Stampin' Up! Retiring Bundles has been helpful! Give me a shout if questions; order bundles now before you forget!