Happy Monday stampers! So glad you popped in today! I'm going to be talking about using embossing folders (EF) in new ways.
I don't know about you, but I have a habit of purchasing embossing folders for particular projects and then forgetting about them once the project is done. I'm trying to “think outside the box” and come up with new ways to use my folders.
You probably recognize the EF used with the Whisper White Cardstock; Gently Falling. This was introduced at the holidays and I used in Christmas cards for snow. I think it looks great behind these flowers; simple, yet it “pops”. Below are the products used and also instructions. I hope this inspires you to “think outside the box” and use YOUR embossing folders in new ways. Please send me your creations; I'd love to use them in my “guest blogger” feature.
- Stamp Set – Helping Me Grow (#140764)
- Card Stock – Pear Pizzazz (#131201), Elegant Eggplant (#105126), Whisper White (#100730), Watercolor Paper (#122959)
- Stamp Pads – Basic Black (#140931), Pear Pizzazz (#131180), Wisteria Wonder (#126985), Elegant Eggplant (#126969)
- Misc. – Softly Falling Embossing Folder (#139672), Fluttering Embossing Folder (#139304), Curvy Corner Trio Punch (#139683), Old Olive Baker’s Twine (#134579), Aqua Painter (#103954), Clear Wink of Stella (#141897), Dimensionals (#104430)
- Pear Pizzazz Card Base 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- Watercolor Paper 2” x 3 ½”
- Elegant Eggplant 2 ¼” x 3 ¾”
- Use the Fluttering Embossing Folder and emboss the Pear Pizzazz card base.
- Cut 22” of Baker’s Twine and wrap around the card creating a bow in the front.
- Create decorative corner on Whisper White cardstock using punch.
- Use Softly Falling Embossing Folder on Whisper White cardstock.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the Whisper White cardstock and adhere on an angle to the front of the card.
- Stamp flower image in Basic Black ink. Color with Aqua Painters using both Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant ink as desired. Use Pear Pizzazz ink on the stems. Allow to dry completely.
- Cover flowers in Clear Wink of Stella.
- Mount Watercolor Paper to Elegant Eggplant with adhesive. Add Dimensionals to the back of this panel and mount on Whisper White cardstock as shown.
Occasions catalog until May 31,2016 view online click HERE
Sale-a-Bration catalog good until march 31, 2016 view on line click HERE
Clearance Rack click HERE