Hey stampers! One year ago tomorrow, our daughter married the love of her life. I truly can't believe a whole year has passed; I wish we were just getting ready for the wedding so I could enjoy it all over again…ha! Since that isn't possible, I have a wedding project to share with you. Also, a Vellum Embossing Tip – Cheers to the Year Wedding card.
2 tips to think about when using vellum. First, since adhesive will show through the vellum layer, be sure to hide it under an embellishment (such as a button or rhinestone) or use ribbon to adhere vellum layer to card . Second, as in today's project, when you stamp on vellum, be sure to use your heat tool to “set” the ink. Even better, emboss your sentiment and then you can be sure the ink will not smudge.
Here are the instructions for the card. If you would like to make it, all the supplies can be purchased at my online store.
- Stamps – Cheers to the Year-144925 w, 144928 c
- Stampin' Up Paper– Thick Whisper White-140272, Whisper White-100730, Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper-144640, Champagne Foil-144748 (from Year of Cheer Suite, page 36 of 2017 Holiday catalogue), Vellum cardstock-101856
- Stampin' Up Ink– Basic Black-140931
- Other Stampin' Up Supplies and Tools– Sweetheart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder-143705, Big Shot, Sweet & Sassy Framelits-141707, Banner Triple Punch-138292, Pearls Basics Jewels-144219, Stampin' Dimensionals-104430, SNAIL Adhesive-104332, Mini Glue Dots- 103683, Heat Tool- 129053
- Whisper White Thick- 4.25”x11”, scored at 5.5”
- Champagne Foil Sheet- 4”x 5.25”, plus piece for die cutting
- Year of Cheer DSP- 3.75” x 5”
- Whisper White- small piece for die cutting
- Vellum- about 1” x 4” strip
- Cut and score the Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Add the Champagne Foil sheet with SNAIL Adhesive to the card front.
- Run the Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper through the Big Shot in the Sweetheart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder– making sure to keep the heart centered. Adhere this embossed layer to the Champagne Foil sheet with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Then, cut a piece of Champagne Foil sheet with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits to create the large heart.
- Cut a smaller heart from a piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit on top with a smaller heart die.
- Stamp the Mr & Mrs from the Cheers to the Year stamp set in Basic Black ink on the Whisper White heart.
- On the strip of Vellum Cardstock, stamp the supporting greeting with Basic Black ink and heat set with the Heat Tool so it doesn’t smudge. Trim ends with the Triple Banner Punch.
- Adhere the hearts to the debossed heart on the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the vellum over top with some Mini Glue Dots, then hide the glue dots with some Pearls Basics Jewels.
If you like to take classes but find yourself too busy, my Facebook LIVE classes are a great solution. You can pop in for the live class, or watch later at your convenience. My latest class is coming up on November 16 at 7:00 pm CST and I'll be making three projects with the Quilted Christmas Bundle.