I love the baby wipe technique and the Watercolor Wings stamp set and coordinating thinlits dies are the perfect choice to use! If you haven’t tried this technique it’s so easy and fun to do!
All the supplies for this card are in the current Stampin’ Up! catalog and all of them will be in the NEW 2016-2017 annual catalog, starting on June 1. If you don’t currently have a demonstrator, I would love to get a catalog to you…just message me and I’ll tell you how.
I’ve included complete instructions and measurements below. Plus, just click on the pictures to go right to my online store to order anything you need. 🙂
- Stamp Sets: Watercolor Wings (139424)
- Card Stock: Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads: Bermuda Bay Classic Stamp Pad (131171)
- Misc.: Bermuda Bay Ink Refill (131156), Cucumber Crush Ink Refill (138329), Pool Party Ink Refill (122933), Butterfly Thinlits Dies (137360), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Magnetic Platform (130658), SNAIL adhesive (104332), Glue Dot (103683), Bone Folder (102300), Bermuda Bay 1/8” Stitched Ribbon (140569), Baby Wipes
- Whisper White: 5 ½” x 8 ½” 4” x 5 ¼” 3 ½” x 2 ½”
- Bermuda Bay 1/8” Stitched Ribbon: 15”
- Place a folded baby wipe on a plastic plate or tray. Apply drops of the three different ink refills randomly all over the surface – making an area that is at least as large as the stamp image. This will be your custom rainbow “ink pad”.
- Ink up the large solid butterfly on the baby wipe by laying it on the inky baby wipe just like it was an ink pad. Gradually move the stamp around to make sure it has good ink coverage.
- Stamp the butterfly in the bottom corner of the 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Whisper White.
- Stamp the greeting in Bermuda Bay ink on the lower right corner. Attach this piece to the Whisper White card base with SNAIL adhesive.
- Cut out the detailed butterfly thinlit (the smaller one in the set) from the 2 ½” x 3 ½” piece of Whisper White using the Big Shot and the magnetic platform. To easily remove all of the cut out pieces use this method: Place the magnetic platform in the Big Shot, then one cutting pad, then 2 dryer sheets folded in half, then the white card stock, then the butterfly die, and then the top plate. After cutting gently peel off the butterfly – most of the little paper bits will stay on the dryer sheet.
- Tie the piece of Bermuda Bay ribbon around the top of the card…you’re done!
Give this baby wipe technique a try…you’ll be glad you did!